Monday, August 22, 2011

We're in the single digits

... and I still don't want to write anything. I cried on the subway again tonight thinking about not being here anymore. Then I got home and crumbled into a useless ball on my bed, whimpering into my blankets and listening to stereotypically sad music. I'm. Not. Ready. To. Go.

But ready or not, I leave next Thursday. I really can't wait to see all the people I left behind a year ago, but leaving here feels harder somehow. I knew I'd be back when I left Cincinnati, but when I say goodbye here, I don't know if I'll ever see these people again. My stomach has been in knots for a week; when I think about all the people I won't see again, I want to throw up. Especially when I think about not seeing this kid every Monday night.


I don't have anything profound to say. I just wish I knew how to say goodbye.

4 comments:

  1. it's wicked hard, but try not to cry in the last days, try instead to revel and memorize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen many of my Korean-made friends in the United States if it makes you feel any better. I saw Ally and Ellen and Denise in Seattle last summer. BJ and Olivia in Boulder, CO. I saw Lauren in New York, Denise and Sean in New York, Jessica and Jeannie in Atlanta.

    Hold on to the friends you love...you will find ways to see them again. And even if you don't, the internet is really handy for staying in touch.

    Heck, this summer I visited with two of my favorite high school teachers who I hadn't seen in 8 years! SKYPE away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be sad. The Bengals are waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete