Thursday, August 5, 2010

Docs are in the mail!

Waiting on the government is even less fun than watching grass grow. The whole visa process amounts to really just one big headache, and it doesn't make it any better that every single morning this week, I've woken up to an email asking when my documents would arrive. Needless to say, I've been anxious all week. Each day when the mailman arrived in our building, he found me, crossing my fingers and grinning like a fool. Today it all paid off - my envelope was finally delivered. Woohoo!

Eighty-four dollars later, my documents are on their way to South Korea. Wow.

My bosses took me out to lunch today to celebrate my rapidly approaching departure. Tomorrow is my last day, but since I work from home, I won't be seeing all three of my bosses again in the morning. Today was the last day I'd see two of them, and so naturally, I cried. I think it's pretty safe to say that I'll be crying at least once a day for the next two weeks. Luckily, my emotions have outstanding elasticity. I cried at lunch, but I nearly hugged the mailman when he gave my my background check. Some might call that bipolar. I call it being a girl.

In other news, Ben signed for Saudi today. He'll be leaving in a little over a month, so I've started doing some research. I don't know a lot about the middle east, but since my friend is going there, I thought I'd look into it a bit. Here's what I've learned so far:


There's a lot of sand. It's everywhere. Ben, when you're bored, will you please build one of these?



Thanks.


Camels. So I don't have any sources to back this up, but I'm pretty certain that life in the middle east revolves around camels. People keep them as pets, they're the most acceptable mode of transportation, and I think may even be involved in international negotiations. This guy certainly is.

That's about as far as I got in my research before I just started watching this video. It's really the most comprehensive compilation of middle eastern fun facts available. You're welcome, everyone. You're all a little smarter now.

No comments:

Post a Comment